The towing sensor is a digital tilt sensor or position sensor. This sensor, developed by Ampire Electronics, operates on a multi-dimensional plane. This means that it does not matter whether you tilt the vehicle forward, rear or side, the alarm will trigger. The sensor detects a movement in or against the driver direction - if the car is moved. This sensor adjusts itself and never needs to be adjusted afterwards. Of course it also recognizes whether you park e. g. the slope and adjusted its basic position after every activating of the alarm. Best slot for installation is under the driver's or passenger's seat far outside of the sill area. The sensor is completely insensitive to heat sources or loud sound sources.
- Operating voltage: 12 volts DC
- Power consumption: < 4.5 mA
- Sensitivity of the alarm: < 1.5 °
- Delay: 60 sec.
- Endurance Alarm output: max. 50 mA
- Sensor Output: short ground pulse on alarm
- Working temperature: -35 ° C to + 80 ° C
- Dimensions: 55 mm x 21 mm x 7 mm
- E-approval: E20 97RA-01 1533
The towing sensor must not be connected to a constant power supply. It has to be supplied with power when activating the alarm. Please use the "ground when activated" output of the alarm system. The sensor is calibrated in the first 60 seconds.