- The FISTUNE fully integrates into the vehicle and allows you to access all functions through the MMI (MMI 2G) or (MMI Low)
- Control is given through the original DAB interface of the MMI
- DAB text support
- automatic switching of DAB <-> FM
- Switching is done only if the corresponding station is receivable on FM band and no DAB signal is present
- DAB and DAB+ codec i.e. older DAB stations are received
- Usage of original cars antenna system
- This results in best reception quality
- As well as easy installation
DAB for clear and noise-free reception:
In contrast to analogue FM transmission DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) is a new method for digital transmission of radio signals via a network of terrestrial transmitters. It provides listeners with more choices and information delivered in clear sound quality without any noise. With DAB digital stations there are no frequencies to remember.
What distinguishes DAB+ from DAB?
DAB+ is a further development of the DAB standard, thus assumes all functions of DAB, but offers additional benefits. The technical difference is the type of audio coding, ie the two standards use different methods for the preparation before and after the transfer of data. While DAB uses MPEG-1 Layer-2, DAB MPEG-4 HE-AAC v2, the most efficient audio compression used worldwide.
The FISTUNE MMI 2G and MMI low is suitable for the following vehicles:
- Audi A4 8K
- Audi A5 8T
- Audi A6 4F
- Audi A8 4E
- Audi Q7 4L
- Vehicles with factory fitted DAB Tuner
- Vehicles without factory fitted DAB Tuner
- Vehicles without factory fitted DAB Tuner (MMI 2G Low)
Scope of Delivery:
- cable set
- there is no automatic station search, this must be started manually via the MMI
- manual tuning is only necessary for regional ensembles while the car is travelling across regions with different regional ensembles.
- there's no new scan required for global ensembles.
- On Item number 39702-1 the existing DAB Antenna can still be used