DAB for clear and noise-free radio reception
In contrast to analogue FM transmission DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) is a new method for digital transmission of radio signals via a network of terrestrial transmitters. It provides listeners with more choices and information delivered in clear sound quality without any noise. With DAB digital stations there are no frequencies to remember.
What is the difference between DAB+ and DAB?
DAB+ is a further development of the DAB standard, thus assumes all functions of DAB, but offers additional benefits. The technical difference is the type of audio coding, ie the two standards use different methods for the preparation before and after the transfer of data. While DAB uses MPEG-1 Layer-2, DAB MPEG-4 HE-AAC v2, the most efficient audio compression used worldwide.
The system at a glance:
- The FISTUNE is fully integrated into the vehicle and allows you to access all functions through the MMI RMC
- Control is given through the MEDIA-interface of the MMI
- DAB text support
- DAB and DAB+ codec i.e. older DAB stations are received
- Usage of original cars antenna system
- This results in best reception quality
- As well as easy installation
The FISTUNE® MMI RMC is suitable for the following vehicles:
- Audi A1 8X with Radio Media Center, Pr.- Nr. 8AL*
- Audi Q3 8U with Radio Media Center, Pr.- Nr. 8AL *
- Audi A6 4G with Radio Low II, Pr.- Nr. 8DP
- Audi A7 4G with Radio Low II, Pr.- Nr. 8DP
Scope of delivery:
- FISTUNE® Interface
- not suitable for vehicles with CD changer, PR No .: 7A2
- * If A1 and Q3, it may happen that the radio does not have a fiber optic input. If the vehicle is equipped with Bluetooth or special sound system (B&O or Bose) for the radio FISTUNE retrofit is appropriate. Please check the radio before purchasing the FISTUNE system.
- E-13 certifation - 10R - 04 12788
- There is no automatic station search, this must be started manually via the RMC
- Manual tuning is only necessary for regional ensembles while the car is travelling across regions with different regional ensembles.
- There's no new scan required for global ensembles.
- No automatic switching of DAB <-> FM
- Depending on the vehicle type different antenna modules are required:
- A1 8X (item number: 39820)
- Q3 8U (item number: 39821)
- A6 4G Limo (item number: 39528)
- A6 4G Avant (item number: 39528-1)
- A7 4G (item number: 39529)
- always additionally 39949